About Earn Up
Earn Up is an ambitious higher education collaborative organized by the JAXUSA Partnership with a goal of having 60 percent of adults with training certificates or college degrees by 2025. The collaborative is promoting “higher earning through higher learning,” based on research that shows the single greatest predictor of economic success in a community is the number of degreed and industry-certified people who live there. Of the working age population in Northeast Florida, 38 percent have a two- or four-year degree. That ranks Jacksonville 72nd among the 100-most populated metro areas in the country.
To help Northeast Floridians achieve prosperity through the completion of college degrees and industry certifications.
For 60% of the Northeast Florida workforce to hold a college degree or industry certification by 2025.
Why Northeast Florida?
- Northeast Florida is home to the #1 school district in the state
- Jacksonville is home to 10 nationally recognized high schools
- More than 80 career academies with 20 that are nationally recognized
- Students here score higher than state and national averages on AP exams
- Forbes ranks Jacksonville #2 for tech job growth
- Northeast Florida is home to more than 20 higher learning institutions that produces top talent in core target industries
- Our average commute time is 25 minutes, which is significantly less than any other major city
- One local school has the top ACT scores in the state
- CNN Money magazine ranks the southern part of Northeast Florida as the 5th best place to live in the country
- Jacksonville is home to three Fortune 500 companies
- Jacksonville has more miles of shoreline than any other city in the U.S.
- Jacksonville is the least likely city on the East or Gulf Coasts to experience a hurricane
- Jacksonville has, on average, 220 days of sunshine per year